Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Falling

Well, it's been quite a time since I last posted here. Revolutions everywhere - and I'm still not sure how it will all shake out. It's been good to be on break - from blogging, not from writing. I'm gearing up for some new things and more clarity on my direction. I love blogging, but I also want to write bigger, more literary pieces. Those take time - not to mention the time it takes to figure out that that is what I want to do. I've been putting my work out there - some of it has been enormously fun to do, especially my work for Ramp 1885 where I picture myself as İstanbul's answer to Bill Cunningham (or Humans of New York, for you crazy kids on Facebook out there.) Besides that I am trying to live a bullshit-free life (not taking it anymore), which I am thinking might just be the path to happiness that the Buddhists don't talk about. So now I am off for a walk in the park and hope that I can grab onto the kind of inspiration that got hold of me the other day as I was lugging my groceries back home, because it was beautiful, but I could not write it down and then I forgot it after I got home. Anyway, net-net - revolutions, writing, no bullshit. Yep, that's it for the last five months.

2 comments: